24 May Convention 2015
Forward with Purpose
Over a hundred Lambda Phi Epsilon active and alumni members arrived in Chicago, IL during Memorial Day Weekend for the fraternity’s 26th Annual Convention. Following a ceremonial kick-off on Friday evening, active fraternity members worked in tandem with alpha Kappa Delta Phi to organize over $2000 worth of canned goods for the Maine Township Emergency Food Pantry.
In Saturday morning’s State of Affairs address by President Charles Andrean, members strongly engaged in dialog with the fraternity’s International Board on new policies advancing the organization. Active members shuttled to a nearby park in the afternoon to compete in the traditional basketball tournament and a pentathlon of outdoor field activities.
Alumni engaged in their own track of events throughout the weekend. The fraternity hosted a networking meet-up and social hour on Saturday evening, and alpha Kappa Delta Phi coordinated a 5K Unity Run (chiefly sponsored by Lambda Phi Epsilon) the following morning. Proceeds from the 5K went to Apna Ghar, a community organization that advocates across immigrant communities to end gender violence.
Fraternity members attended a series of personal and professional development workshops on Sunday, with topics involving manhood, authenticity, resume building, and new member education. With dinner catered at the closing ceremony, the fraternity honored the accomplishments of individual members and chapter achievements. As Lambda Phi Epsilon pivots on the cusp of a unique time in the world of modern fraternity, Convention XXVI provided a platform for its members to usher in a new era of brotherhood by coming together, celebrating growth, and moving forward with purpose.
Recognition and Awards
- Jack Phoummaroth Scholarship: John Huang, Syracuse University
- Rising Leaders Among Men Scholarship: John Huang, Syracuse University
- Academic Achievement Scholarship: Jeff Lu, Rutgers University
- Lambda of the Year Scholarship: Marvin Sukhhiran, Binghamton University
- Basketball Tournament Winner: Midwest Region
- Brotherhood Showcase Winner: Stanford University
- Chapter Philanthropic Excellence: University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Chapter Academic Excellence: University of Pennsylvania
- Chapter of the Year: University of Houston
- Chapter Charter Presentation: Syracuse University, DePaul University
- Chapter Promotion: University of Oklahoma, Alpha Phi Chapter
Lambda Phi Epsilon recently changed its Facebook and Twitter handle to @LFEfraternity. Please continue to tag our official account while sharing your posts about #LFEconvention! We’ve highlighted below media in the form of photos and videos taken at our 26th Annual ΛΦΕ Convention.